BEC is a full-service Danish IT house. We have more than 50 years’ experience developing and operating IT for the financial sector.
BEC Financial Technologies is a full-service Danish IT house with large staffs in both Poland and Denmark. We have more than 50 years’ experience developing and operating IT for banks and other financial companies. BEC helps banks in all areas where IT affects their business and other parties in the Danish financial sector in select areas.
BEC’s focus is to optimize our customers‘ business so that they get the most out of their IT investment and can focus on their core tasks. We offer consultancy, technology and operational services, and we develop the financial IT of the future. This development takes place in close cooperation with our clients, including small, large, traditional and niche financial companies.
»Our trade is enabling our customers to differentiate towards their customers’ needs through technology, leveraging our community. We aim to be the best scalable IT service partner, building trust and straightforward banking for the Danish society«
Future-proof financial technologies
BEC’s many different clients place a broad spectrum of requirements on IT solutions. BEC maintains its focus on delivering, developing and operating future-proof financial technologies.
We deliver everything wall-to-wall: from a complete capital markets platform to digital self-service on all channels, such as mobile banking and online banking.
In addition, our platform has a flexible architecture that allows our clients to use precisely the solutions needed in their particular business, built to meet their future business opportunities, compliance requirements and technological trends.
Facts and figures
- BEC has more than 1,700 employees at Roskilde and Herning in Denmark, and Warsaw and Lublin in Poland.
- In 2022, the group had a revenue of DKK 2.2 billion.
- As a customer-owned and non-profit IT company, BEC’s goal is to balance income and expenses from our core activities. In 2022, the total net income was DKK 3 million after tax.
- BEC handles 2.3 million active bank customers and 6.5 million active bank accounts.
- 31 percent of Danish business customers use a BEC bank as their primary bank (measured by NemKonti).
- 23 percent of Danish private customers use a BEC bank as their primary bank (measured by NemKonti).
- BEC is a member of the Danish Employers’ Association for the Financial Sector.
Development in the financial sector:
BEC actively participates in joint development cooperation in the sector, such as a new joint clearing system. For example, BEC helps in setting requirements, building integration with its own systems, testing and committing to coordinated implementation. BEC has been a project participant in sector collaboration and has been project manager and driven IT development several times.
Participation in sector/legislative committees:
BEC closely monitors developments concerning sector/legislative changes, including via representation in a number of industry forums. Among other things, we are involved in discussing, managing and processing future Danish and European regulations. This enables us to advise our clients and develop our IT solutions in the best and earliest possible way.
BEC group consists of two companies:
- The parent company BEC Financial Technologies a.m.b.a. is a Danish full-service IT company that helps finance companies in all areas where IT affects their business. We offer consultancy, technology and operational services, and we develop the financial IT of the future.
- Subsidiary BEC Ejendomsselskab A/S owns BEC’s buildings on Havsteensvej in Roskilde and rents out premises to JN Data.